- This event has passed.
Major Show SWINE Validation
November 30 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Validation for Major Show Swine is scheduled for Wednesday, November 30!
Where: Santa Fe Ag Barn (13405 4 ½ Street, Santa Fe 77510)
If you are no longer validating an animal, please email email@example.com
This validation is for:
- Market barrows attending ANY of the 2023 Major Shows (e.g., Houston, San Antonio, etc.)
- Breeding gilts attending ANY of the 2023 Major Shows (check show rules to see if gilt must be validated – required for San Antonio, San Angelo, Houston)
The following MUST be present AT VALIDATION:
- Animal being validated
- Registration papers for breeding animals
- Verify information on registration paper (ear notches) matches animal BEFORE validation
- Parent/guardian – must be present to sign paperwork.
- Parents unable to attend must come to the Extension Office BEFORE validation to sign waiver & paperwork. NO exceptions.
- Parents may sign for exhibitor if child cannot attend
- Ag Teachers CANNOT sign on behalf of parent
Families with conflicts must make alternate arrangements PRIOR TO VALIDATION with:
- Ag Science Teacher . . . . . . if showing under FFA
- County Extension Agent . . . . . . if showing under 4-H
If you are validating breeding swine:
- Registration papers must be in the name of the exhibitor(s) ONLY – with NO RANCH/FARM names.
- Ownership date must be on or before December 1, 2022
- Submit a copy of your registration papers to your AST/CEA per their instructions
- If you are showing under Galveston County 4-H, submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 25
Contact Leah Stiles at email@example.com or 281-309-5058 if you have any questions.