Coastal & Marine
Galveston Bay Area Chapter Texas Master Naturalist Website
Visit the Pages Below for Help with Organism Identification, Education Opportunities, Texas Master Naturalist information and Much More.
– More information on the Texas Master Naturalist Program
– How to join the next training class
– Volunteer opportunities and upcoming events
– Award winning newsletter “The Midden”
Identification Guide to Marine Organisms of Texas
-Identification of fish, crabs, shrimp, mollusks, vegetation, beachcombing and more.
-Information courtesy of TPWD, (Brenda Bowling), 2012-2017.
-Designed to help pond owners and their advisors in the identification and management of aquatic vegetation.
– Photographs, descriptions, and easy to understand guidelines.
Galveston Bay Fact Sheet Series
– A series of PDF fact sheets on threatened and endangered species, water quality in the Gulf, salinity, bottlenose dolphins, water birds, oysters, and more.
Monofilament Recovery and Recycling
-Monofilament is a single-strand, high-density nylon fishing line that is used on fishing reels. Used line can be harmful to boat motors and marine wildlife. Visit the link for more info. on the Texas Monofilament Recovery and Recycling Program (MRRP.)