Better Living for Texans is a statewide nutrition education program for adults and kids who want to learn how to eat well and save money. You can make friends and have fun while you learn about eating healthy foods and saving money!
Free BLT Programs Available:
- Be Well, Live Well
- A Fresh Start to a Healthier You!
- Eat Smart, Live Strong (senior adult series)
- Growing and Nourishing Healthy Communities Garden Course
- Step Up and Scale Down
- Walk Across Texas with Walk N Talk
- Learn, Grow, Eat & GO!
- Walk Across Texas (school)
BLT has served the state’s residents through teaching nutrition-related concepts focusing on:
- Comparing Prices
- Healthy Menu Choices
- Preparing Healthy Meals
- Importance of Physical Fitness
Our Focus Areas for BLT:
- Increase fruit and vegetable intake
- Increase physical activity
- Improving access to fruits and vegetables (gardening)
- Food Safety
- Food Resource Management
Check out the BLT Newsletter with helpful facts, nutritional information and great recipes!
- BLT Newsletter- September 2021: Anytime Pizza
- BLT Newsletter- August 2021: Microwave Cooking + Use
- BLT Newsletter July 2021: Use the Texas Heat to Prep Your Garden!
- BLT Newsletter June 2021: Improve Your Joint Mobility
- BLT Newsletter-May 2021: Physical Activity for Life
- BLT Newsletter-April 2021: Spring Gardening
- BLT Newsletter-March 2021: Personalize Your Plate
- BLT Newsletter-February 2021: Cooking for Two
- BLT Newsletter-January 2021: Nutrition and the World Wide Web
- BLT News Line – December 2020: A Fruity Holiday Season
- BLT News Line – November 2020: A Simple, Stress -Free Thanksgiving
- BLT News Line – October 2020: Spice Up Your Cooking!
- BLT News Line – September 2020: Smart Snacking for Kids
- BLT News Line – August 2020: Stretching Your Food Dollar
- BLT News Line – July 2020: It’s Hot! Stay Hydrated!
- BLT News Line – June 2020: Perks of Gardening
- BLT News Line – May 2020: Gardening is for Everyone
- BLT News Line – April 2020: Happy and Healthy at Home
- BLT News Line – March 2020: The Run Down on Physical Activity
- BLT News Line – February 2020: What’s the Deal with Organic Food?
- BLT News Line – January 2020: Gardening Success